Request for Proposals – Operation of Bunkering Facility at Port of Hambantota
Request for Proposals – Operation of Bunkering Facility
at Port of Hambantota
Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Ports Authority
Ministry of Ports and Shipping
Extension of Closing Date
- The Chairman, Standing Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee on behalf of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority hereby extends the closing date of the under mentioned RFP which was initially published on the 30th of March 2016
|Name of the Project||Initial closing
|1st Extension||New closing Date|
|Request For Proposal – Operation of Bunkering Facility at Port of Hambantota||16th May 2016||16th June 2016||23rd August 2016|
- In pursuance of developing the Port of Hambantota as a major bunkering hub in Asia, Sri Lanka Ports Authority has taken the initiative to call for Requests for Proposals (RFP) from interested parties to facilitate bunkering operations.
- The Chairman –Standing Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (SCAPC) for and on behalf of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority of the Ministry of Ports and Shipping of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka hereby invites sealed proposals from eligible interested parties to operate the Bunkering Facility at the Port of Hambantota and enjoy the benefit of port facilities which include fully automated tank farm, a loading/discharging jetty with deep draft, an ideal location in the maritime silk route with ample room for expansion of tank farm, and quick connections with hinterland etc.
- The Project Proponent shall be an active player in the oil industry engaged in physical bunkering or an oil major, bunker broker, major bunker supplier or such party with experience in the procurement and sale of bunker fuels and operation of a marine bunker terminal with barges, supplying varieties of bunker fuels to ships who should have handled a minimum of 750,000 MT of bunker fuels in a calendar year over a period of 02 years during the last 3 years.
- Interested parties may obtain further information on this RFP process from the Harbour Master, Chairman T.E.C – Harbour Master’s office, Sri Lanka Ports Authority, No. 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka till 22nd August 2016 during office hours on working days. (Telephone No.+94(0)112385401 , Fax +94(0)112327160) , E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A complete set of RFP Documents can be purchased by interested parties upon submission of a written request on its letter head and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Sri Lanka Rupees 100,000 with applicable taxes, per copy from the office of The Chief Manager (Supplies & Material Management), Sri Lanka Ports Authority, 45, Leyden Bastian Road, Colombo 01 during office hours on any working day. Any interested party may inspect a sample copy of the RFP document from the same address during office hours on any working day. RFP Documents will be issued until 12.00 hours on 23rd August 2016.
- Each Proposal must be accompanied by a refundable bid bond for the amount U.S. Dollars One Hundred Thousand (US $ 100,000.00) and shall be addressed to Chairman – SCAPC and delivered to the office of the Additional Secretary, Ministry of Ports & Shipping, 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka not later than 2.00 p.m. on 16th May 2016. The Proposal will be opened in public immediately after the deadline at the same venue. Proposals submitted by Fax or Email will not be accepted and rejected.
- Neither the Sri Lanka Ports Authority nor the Ministry of Ports & Shipping will be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Project Proponents in connection with preparation and submission of proposals.
Standing Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee
RFP – Operation of Bunkering Facility at Port of Hambantota
Ministry of Ports & Shipping
19, Chaithya Road,
Colombo 01, Sri Lanka