Admission of students with foreign qualifications
Notes for Guidance
1. This form should be used if you wish to apply for an undergraduate degree program in a Sri Lankan University as a student with Foreign Qualifications for the Academic Year 2017/2018.
2. Application form and the Admissions Handbook for the Students with Foreign Qualifications valid for the Academic Year 2017/2018are available on the UGC website (www.ugc.ac.lk).
3. Before completing this form, please refer the Admissions Handbook for the Students with Foreign Qualifications valid for the Academic Year 2017/2018to check your eligibility, course details and other vital information. In order to make your application successful you must meet all the necessary requirements, which can be found in the Admissions Handbook for the Students with Foreign Qualifications valid for the Academic Year 2017/2018.
4. When completing the form, please ensure that you provide your full name as appeared in your passport.
5. Please provide all the supporting documents in English, we require officially translated versions as well as copies in the original language.
6. Please provide certified copies of all the supporting documents including the certified copies of the relevant pages of your passport, duly authenticated by relevant authorities.
7. Candidates with Sri Lankan passport should attach original service letter/s of Father/Mother/Guardian.
8. Every application should be accompanied by aBank Advise/duly singed Online Payment Receipt of US $ 100 payable to the University Grants Commission, being the application processing fee.
9. Children of Sri Lankan diplomats seeking admission to Universities in Sri Lanka should forward their applications through the Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, Republic Building, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka.
10. All applications will be acknowledged within two weeks of receiving the applications, by e-mail.
11. Do not leave any section of this application unanswered. Please write “N/A” in all irrelevant sections.
12. All the applications should be forwarded to Senior Assistant Secretary (University Admissions), University Grants Commission, No 20, Ward Place, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka on or before the closing date.
13. Closing date for applications for the academic year 2017/2018 will be 5th April 2018.
14. If you have any questions about filling out your application form please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Department
Tel: +94-11-2695301/02 or +94-11-3054168 Fax: +94-11-2691678