Sri Lanka Ports Authority Invitation for Bids (IFB) Charter of Two Harbour Tugs for the Sri Lanka Ports Authority for Operations at the Port of Colombo Sri Lanka Ports Authority Ministry of Ports and Shipping CES/FP/04/PT/5458 (HM)
Sri Lanka Ports Authority
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Charter of Two Harbour Tugs for the Sri Lanka Ports Authority for
Operations at the Port of Colombo
Sri Lanka Ports Authority
Ministry of Ports and Shipping
- Pilotage and mooring of vessel in all commercial sea ports in the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, fall within the purview of Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) of the Ministry of Ports & Shipping of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka Ports Authority has deployed a fleet of Harbour Tugs for this purpose and intends to strengthen the fleet for a limited duration by deploying a further two numbers of 65 ton bollard pull harbor tugs. The harbor tugs so obtained will be deployed not limited to berthing and unberthing of vessels, escorting of vessels, to standby as a fire float, oil spill dispersant spraying boat, docking and undocking operation of vessels, etc in Port of Colombo. Towards this intent the SLPA wish to obtain on Hire-Basis the services of 02 Nos. 65 ton Bollard Pull Harbour Tugs for a minimum duration of one year.
- The SLPA will use own funds for the payments in lieu of services so obtained.
- The Chairman, Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (CAPC) for and on behalf of the SLPA, now invites sealed Bids from interested parties for the supply on hire basis the services. The SLPA is desirous to commence the services within Thirty days (30 days) of award of a contract to that effect.
- Prospective Bidder shall have previous experience in relevant field. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents. Bidder is required to supply two tugs for the minimum duration of one (01) year.
- The schedule for this bidding is programmed as shown below.
- Issue of Bidding Documents: 20- 06 -2016
- Last date for Bidders to apply for clarification
of Bidding Documents: 11 – 07 – 2016
- Pre Bid Meeting: 12 – 07 – 2016
- Last date for SLPA to provide Clarifications and/or
Addendum to Bidding Documents: 21 – 07 – 2016
- Closing date and time for submission of bids: 02 – 08 – 2016 at 1400 hours
- Opening of Bids: 02 – 08 – 2016 Immediately
after Bid closing
- Interested parties may obtain further information on this bidding from the Harbour Master, C/O Chairman – Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee, Navigation Division, Sri Lanka Ports Authority, No. 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka. Tel: 0094112385401 or email: email@example.com Interested parties can inspect a sample copy of the Bidding Document, during office hours at the office of Chief Manager Supplies and Materials Management, Sri Lanka Ports Authority, No. 45, Layden Bastian Road, Colombo 01, SRI LANKA.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested parties on the submission of a written application to the Chief Manager Supplies and Materials Management at No.45, Layden Bastian Road, Colombo 01, SRI LANKA and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Sri Lanka Rupees Ten Thousand (SLR 10,000/=). The method of payment will be cash only. Issue of Bidding Document is from 1200 hours on 20th June 2016 till 1200 hours on 02nd August 2016 during office hours.
- A pre bid meeting to clarify and answer any issues in respect of this bidding will be held at the Conference Room, First Floor, Ministry of Ports and Shipping, No. 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka at 0930 hours on 12th July 2016 in this connection. Interested parties and/or their representatives are invited to attend this meeting.
- Each and every bid must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of Sri Lankan Rupees Four million Five Hundred Thousand only (SLR 4.5 Million) and must be addressed and delivered to Chairman – Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (CAPC), Ministry of Ports and Shipping, No. 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka not later than 1400 hours on 02nd August 2016, in accordance with Instructions to Bidders. Any Bid submitted by fax or email will not be considered for evaluation and will be rejected. The Bids will be opened in public immediately thereafter on the same day in the presence of Bidder and/or their representatives.
- Neither the CAPC nor Sri Lanka Ports Authority will be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the Bidders in connection with the preparation and submission of the Bids.
Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee
17th June 2016