TENDER NOTICE – IMPORTATION OF CHICKEN MEAT IN FESTIVAL SEASON FROM THAILAND
IMPORTATION OF CHICKEN MEAT IN FESTIVAL SEASON FROM THAILAND
Co-Operative Wholesale Establishment (CWE) of Sri Lanka which is fully government owned establishment wishes to purchase 1000MT of Chicken Meat from the suppliers in Thailand as per the specification attached herewith. (Annexure 1)
Sealed quotation should be sent to the office at The Tender Board Committee, Co-Operative
Wholesale Establishment, No .27, Vauxhall Street, Colombo 2, Sri Lanka by express post on
before 10th November, 2016 at 4.00pm.
All the suppliers should meet attached requirements of quality certificate and other relevant
Please Note: – Quotations will be rejected if not meeting attached requirements.
Procurement Committee of the Co-operative Wholesale Establishment
SPECIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS TO IMPORT OF POULTRY MEAT INTO SRI LANKA
Import of poultry meat into Sri Lanka could be allowed subject to the following conditions:
- Restrict frozen chicken meat only to skin less or skin on individually vacuum packed whole chicken with individual labeling as prescribed – Calling prices for both varieties.
- Testing of chicken meat for microbiological parameters at Medical Research Institute of Sri Lanka.
- Prior approval should be obtained from the DG/DAPH, before each consignment of meat is
- The application should be accompanied by a microbiological report to satisfy that the particular meat consignment is fit for human consumption.
- Date of production and the Expiry, Name, Address and Registration no of the Processing
Establishment and the Batch No. should be visibly indicated in boxes/packages.
- The consignment should not be tampered at the transshipment (country of origin of the meat and the exporting country should be same) and original container number and the seal number should be intact from the port of departure up to the port of entry in Colombo.
- Food safety certificates (Eg. ISO 22000, HACCP) should be submitted for the establishment to register the establishment in the Department of Animal Production and Health.
- Importer should submit an International Veterinary Health Certificate with following additional declaration for quarantine inspection.
- Exporting country is free from Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI)
- The finish product imported to Sri Lanka is not contaminated with the Avian Influenza
- The product has been processed in an establishment registered with the Government
Veterinary Authority in the exporting country for export purposes and subject to ante
mortem inspections and found to be free from any disease.
- Originals of all supporting documents should be furnished at the time of inspection to the Animal Quarantine Officer and the consignment will be subjected to a quarantine surveillance.
- Samples will be drawn by Animal Quarantine Officers and send to MRI (Approved analyst Food Act No. 26 of 1980) to confirm suitability of the product for human consumption.
- Usage of the product will be allowed only, it is suitable for human consumption, if not no recommendation is given to release the consignment.
Department of Animal Production and Health
|Importer||Application for Approval to Import
Mechanically Deboned Meat, Other type of Poultry Meat, Chicken Powder, Egg Powder, Other type of Chicken & Egg Products. (Animal Diseases Act. No 59 of 1992)
|Name & Address of Importer Consignee:
Telephone & Fax Nos.
|Exporter/Consignee||Origin of the Product|
|Name and Address of Consignee:
Telephone & Fax Nos:
|Country of Origin:
Name and Address and Registration Number of the Export Processing / Cutting-up establishment.
|Type of Meat Type of Product No. and Nature of Quantity
HS Code: Invoice No: Date
Expected Month/Date of Export: Airline/ Ship:
Place of Embarkation: Transshipment Via:
Expected Month/Date of Arrival: Detail route to Sri Lanka
Place of disembarkation: