The Consular Service is the portal through which the Ministry of Foreign Relations provides consular assistance to the general public. Consular services to the public are provided under the terms of the Consular Functions Act No. 4 of 1981.
With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering in to Sri Lanka. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk for more information.
How To Apply
Entry & Residence
Gratis Officell & Diplomatic
Journalist & Filming Crew
An application for registration of a birth must be made within 03 months of the birth. If the application is made after 03 months, the reason for the delay should be given in writing when making the application.
- The father or Mother of the child should be a citizen of Sri Lanka at the time of birth.
- A child’s birth may be registered in Sinhala/Tamil/English. The preferred language should be indicated.
- The father or mother of the child may make the application for registration of birth which should be made in duplicate.
To register the birth of a child born to Sri Lankan Nationals, the following three forms must be submitted.
- Application for Registration of a Birth outside Sri Lanka. (Citizenship 1 Form).
- Declaration of Birth under Section 16. (if within 03 months). (Registration B-4 Form)or Declaration of Birth Under Section 24. (Registration B-6 Form).
(Applicants Signature should be notarized. Stamps are not necessary)
- Declaration of Citizenship of the father as per specimen attached. (Signature should be notarized.)
These three forms should be submitted along with the originals of the following documents.
- The Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the country of the birth of the child.
- Passports of father and mother. (With proof of valid visa or Green Card)
- Marriage Certificate of the parents.
- Birth Certificates of father and mother (English translations will not be accepted as originals).
CONSULAR FEES FOR REGISTRATION OF BIRTH AND CITIZENSHIP
- Registration of birth
- Citizenship certificate
- Surchage for applications delayed more than one year
- Endorsement of child’s name on one of the parents passports
- Fees should be paid by Cash (only if application is hand delivered).
The Money Orders or Certified Cheques made in favour of “Embassy of Sri Lanka“. Please note that personal cheques will not be accepted.
- This Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected
Documents Registration of Birth-Citizenship Born in Thailand
Download Application Citizenship
Download Application Birth
Download Application Declaration of birth Under Section 16
Download Application Declaration of birth Under Section 24
- Document Birth certificate Thai (from Thai officer Translated into English and certified by Thai Consulate.)
- Marriages Certified of parents
- Passport parents original / Copy of passport. / Visa page
- birth certificate father and mother
- Employee Certificate of parents - Work permit / Copy of Work permit / page update
- Service charge For Citizenship 1,100.00 Baht For a delayed application per each year 110.00 Baht
For issue of Birth Certificate or each additional copy there of 440.00 Baht