With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering in to Sri Lanka. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk for more information.Important Note
The Consular Service is the portal through which the Ministry of Foreign Relations provides consular assistance to the general public. Consular services to the public are provided under the terms of the Consular Functions Act No. 4 of 1981.
A Business Purpose Visa is issued to foreign nationals who visit Sri Lanka for business purposes
- conferences workshop and seminars.
- participate in art music and dance events.
- participate in business meetings and negotiations.
- participate in religious events.
- participate in symposiums.
- short term training progammes.
This visa may be issued for single, double or multiple entry journeys maximum up to three months and can be extended.
Required documents :
- Duly filled Visa application form " Download application form "
- Original Passport with more than 06 months validity from the intended date of arrival
- 02 Photographs (Size 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm)
- Copy ofround trip air ticket
- For business purposes, letter of invitation or business agreement with counterpart in Sri Lanka.(This should be issued at least within 3 months before the application including recommendation, details of the status of the applicant, nature of business, duration of stay, availability of funds, details of the party in Sri Lanka.)
- For Conference, Workshops, Seminars, Training need to submit letter of invitation from the Sri Lankan authority
- For citizens other than Thai, need to submit a copy of Thai resident visa page and work permit for foreigners working in Thailand
- Business visa must be utilized before the date of expiry noted on the visa.
Validity of visa is subject to entry into Sri Lanka during the indicated entry period.
Applications for the extension of all visas should be made to the Department of Immigration and Emigration. For more details please visit :