With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering in to Sri Lanka. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk for more information.Important Note
The Consular Service is the portal through which the Ministry of Foreign Relations provides consular assistance to the general public. Consular services to the public are provided under the terms of the Consular Functions Act No. 4 of 1981.
Foreign nationals intending to visit Sri Lanka for Diplomatic or Official purposes should be issued visa free of charge ( Gratis)
- Duly filled Visa application form " Download application form "
- Original Passport with more than 06 months validity from the intended date of arrival
- Formal note [Note Verbale] from the respective government stating the purpose of visit
- Invitation letter from the relevant authorities in Sri Lanka
- 02 Photographs (Size 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm)
- Copy of round trip air ticket
The holder of a Diplomatic or Official Passport or a passport with a valid Diplomatic or Official endorsement will not be required to pay any fees for the visa.
If they are travelling for private purpose, issuance of ETA on gratis basis will be considered on the basis of reciprocity.
Thai Nationals with Diplomatic or Official passport are exempted from visa requirement to travel Sri Lanka for a stay less than 90 days.