With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering in to Sri Lanka. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk for more information.Important Note
The Consular Service is the portal through which the Ministry of Foreign Relations provides consular assistance to the general public. Consular services to the public are provided under the terms of the Consular Functions Act No. 4 of 1981.
Prior visas must be obtained by Journalists/media personnel who expect to visit Sri Lanka on an assignment. In addition to the visa application form, they are required to submit a list of equipment which they intend to take to Sri Lanka on the prescribed form. Journalists are advised to apply for visas well in advance, as the Embassy needs the clearance from the authorities in Colombo to issue visas for them.
View Guide Lines for Foreign Media of the Ministry of Foreign Relations of Sri Lanka
- Duly filled Visa application form "Download application form"
- Original Passport with more than 06 months validity from the intended date of arrival
- Two Photographs (Size 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm)
- Copy of round trip air ticket
- Letter of Invitation from Sri Lankan Authority, with their contact details
- Letter from the applicant’s employer/organization confirming employment
- Synopsis of the production, if applicable – a fairly comprehensive report is required.
- List of media equipment to be cleared by Sri Lanka Customs on arrival